Class content is designed to prepare participants to function independently and productively as a family member and citizens. Participants have the opportunity to enhance their self-awareness, self-confidence, socially responsible behavior, strong decision-making and communications skills. Advocacy is a student driven class where students can bring their questions and concerns.
- Environmental Living Rights
- Mobility Rights
- Employment Rights
- Independence and Self-Advocacy
- Civil Rights, Responsibilities
- Achieving self-identity and self-awareness
- Identify Physical and Psychological Needs
- Understanding emotions and Feelings
- Developing self-Confidence and self-worth
- Giving and accepting Praise and Criticism
- Knowledge of physical self
- Personal experience
- Problems at home/program
Any other topic students wish to discuss.